- Quintessential period detached cottage in a semi rural position
- Beautiful large landscaped level gardens bordering fields
- Large barn with garage and additional outbuilding
- Country kitchen breakfast room with large aga and walk in pantry
- Pretty dining room
- Living Room with woodburning stove
- Utility and separate shower room/WC
- Study/Bed 4 GF
- Two staircases up to 3 double bedrooms (two en suite)
- Family bathroom with roll top bath
- Oil CH and diamond leaded double glazing
- Rural views in a village setting
- Ten minutes drive into Axminster Town
- Local Primary School with nearby Secondary Schools
"Nutshell" was originally built circa 1750 with late additions in 1990. It is quietly situated in a semi rural lane in a small hamlet close to Axminster.
This beautiful whitewashed detached period cottage offers a wealth of character throughout and has 3/4 double bedrooms with 2/3 receptions. The well tended and landscaped large gardens are a particular feature. Diamond leaded windows throughout this lovely family home
The current owners have renovated and improved the property to a high standard during their seven year ownership.
A gravel access leads up to the gated driveway with access to the barn outbuilding with integral garage to one side. A pedestrian gated front path leads to the front door and gardens. Small front lobby with stable door into the Living room with woodburner and window seats. To one side into the double aspect Dining Room. Exposed painted beams to both rooms.
Stairs to first floor. Two delightful double bedrooms both with ensuites. One room has an en suite with roll top bath/WC and basin whilst the other has stunning and unusual oriental style panelled walls and doors cleverly enclosing concealing a shower and WC.
Kitchen to the rear with large Aga and shaker style fitted units, attractive bespoke plate rack and dresser unit Belfast sink, space for breakfast table, and walk-in pantry. Space for under counter fridge. Cloakroom to side with shower/Wc and basin. Utility area by the back door with space for washing machine , dishwasher and oil fired boiler. Door to hall way and into study/Bed 4. Second set of stairs up to double bedroom with WC opposite. All the bedrooms have low cottage windows , window seats and garden views.
The gardens extend to 0.5 acres .The owners have nurtured these grounds into a stunning array of lawns and mature planting. Large paved patio for al fresco meals. Raised deck to side. Large 19` x 6` stone & timber shed with new slate roof. The 18`x 35`max barn has three distinct areas of workshop, garage and storage with scope to develop subject to planning consent. Greenhouse to side.
DFH 0880 EPC tbc WDDC Band E